Wednesday, January 13, 2010

TNS...

25 degrees, a heat wave. The track last night was way-fast, the daytime warm up iced things up a bit & left us with a really quick surface. FOB & Cornbread joined me on this pleasant evening out, hooked up with Matt T. once we arrived. Forecast has 30's & 40's coming, our venue will be tested & our days may be numbered.

I took some pictures last night but night shots are a work in progress. I keep thinking the flash is going to do more than it can & I end up with darkish, grainy shots. Below: close-ups...no problem, for those familiar with the layout...powerline waiting for my cohorts.
Finally made it over to Rocket Fizz. Dangerous place for someone who likes soda and/or candy. I like both:) I asked the proprietor to pick me me out 6 root beers from his selection of many. The only criteria was they had to be all made with cane sugar, no HFCS. I cracked the Sea Dog from Portland Me. Not to get all technical on you but you know what it tasted like...well, root beer. It was good though.
On a side note: I saw the boys in Portland, ME once. Drove up there from a friends house in R.I. in the Spring of '85 or '86 can't remember exactly. Didn't have tickets but manged to score a pair & I think it was the first time I saw a cop on horseback. Anyway...

Later,

TK

No comments: