Wednesday, January 20, 2010

rootbeer roundup...

I decided to do a follow-up story on my rack of rootbeer from a week ago. I can't remember if I mentioned this but this sextet was just a tic under nine bones. I plan on doing it again but at that price I need to pace myself. Rather than bore you with a review of all six I'll just break it down to the pair that had the most distinctive flavor, all were good by the way.

My favorite was Sparky's from Pacific Grove, CA. This was more like a smooth rootbeer syrup loaded with an assortment of pleasant flavors beyond what the others possessed. Took me by surprise, I'll buy it again. Side note: bottle was practically full to the top, small operation for sure.

Right along side Sparky's was the offering from Maine Root, from Maine of course. I would say this leaned more towards the beer side than the root side. I'm no rootbeer expert but it strayed the furthest from the traditional rootbeer taste & it worked for me. I'll buy it again because I want to figure this one out.

Anyway...weather has been crappy. I feel lucky to have gotten in two rides this weekend. Last weeks warm up trashed the skiing in Wilderness & now we're in this freeze, thaw, & now rain pattern for a few days. BS I say, BS! I don't hate riding the trainer...I'd just rather be outside doing something.

Later,

TK

4 comments:

mathgeek said...

Next week ginger beer? That's my fave.

t-nuts said...

I had to look up what Ginger Beer even is...

I don't believe I've ever tried it, but now its on my radar.

I shall try it, so much soda so little time.

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Ginger beer is yummy. Where are you scoring your root beers, Troy?

t-nuts said...

rocketfizz, corner of 14th & PineLake