Saturday, January 2, 2010

it's never to cold...

bikes are not on the agenda at the moment. sure we could ride but for how long? last year we hid out in wilderness even on the coldest days when it was well below zero. this year...there's just too much snow in the park to even attempt to ride it. can't believe I'm saying it but it's all about skiing right now. I'm not anti-ski, it's just that we never get that much snow so it really hasn't been an option for me. I've thought about getting skis the past couple years but we just don't get that much snow around here...until now.

C-bread gathered me around 8:15 this morning, temp was -7 or something like that. The wind was very light so it wasn't a factor...just minus 7 or something like that. Butch & m-dub did the bike-ski-bike (hard men) & then k-dub rolled up, sweet! 5 fools out for a ski:)

FROZEN BEARD CONTEST...

Corey called this the frosted mini-wheat. Man, I look old & tired, oh yeah...I am old & tired.
frosty with some nuggets. thanks for the coffee man!
more frost, more nuggets.
mostly nuggets.
the winner, hands down!
Butch also was the skiing canteen...thanks for the potatoes, almonds, & tea.
3 hours just flew by & except for the first 15 minutes or so I wasn't cold at all. Thanks guys for a great time.

Today felt like Sunday but it was Saturday! Suh-weet! One more day of freedom!

tomorrow 10:00am start.

Later,

TK


2 comments:

mw said...

great time.
i love a good workout.

Anonymous said...

I accept the award.

I would like to thank the little people that live inside my beard for making this all possible.

Thank You. Thank You ALL!