Wednesday, January 27, 2010

on the down low...

Right now I have two weekday riding options, well actually three but I'm not counting the trainer. Since I'm at work all day I have a couple of choices...1. ride before work (in the dark) or 2. ride after work (in the dark). Option 2 at least allows me to get a daylight start with a dark finish. Option 1 is all dark.

I don't love option 2 because I'm already an early to bed early to rise kind of guy (old) and this time of year when it still gets dark pretty quick my system is winding down. I get up stupid early every day so I go to bed early, simple.

So back to Option 1. My plan: get up even earlier & get out the door in enough time to get in a 2 hour gravel ride before I show up for work around 6:30ish. I worked out the logistics yesterday & got everything ready that I would need for this pre-work mission.

Temperature cooperated, forecast was for low teens with a light NE & I awoke to 20 with a light NW. Perfecto!

W. Claire, W. Pioneers, NW 98th, W. Superior, NW 56th, W. O, SW 63rd, W. A, work...

"I think I just saw a cougar..."
"whew!...nope, just a mean farm dog..."
Didn't quite get 2 hours & only made it 28 miles. I think some of the hills around here are steeper in the dark. I was a zombie all day at work, it was worth it!

Later,

TK

1 comment:

jamesb said...

You enjoy the West side of town in the dark, I'll enjoy the East! (112th and such) Maybe someday we can meet up on a stupid early ride.