Saturday, January 30, 2010

don't ask...

I was out of town, briefly. Like I said...don't ask. Today, I had a few things weighing heavy on my brain that needed sorting out. Gravel adventure should clear the cobwebs so I headed out around midday with no plan. Found myself down in Czech country, I never stop to get a picture of this landmark, its been there for years that I know of. Nothing says welcome like catfish skulls...
Something I discovered today, long gravel doesn't clear my head it just gives me a chance to think & re-think & then think again about everything including what was bothering me from the start. Group ride is probably a more cathartic avenue.

I paid homage to the gravel & the barren fields...
I shouted at the sky...
Returned home 80 miles later a little less bogged down in the brain, maybe exhaustion is a better remedy.

Later,

TK

4 comments:

Aaron Pool said...

good for you Troy

Anonymous said...

I've caught myself singing to the wind on my way to Aurora before. Yelling at the sky is awesome.

Always watch out for Tlacloc because he'll bust you out. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlaloc)

Cornbread said...

80! Nice! Hope the ride cleared your worries and recharged the soul.

BTW, I like the new look of the blog.

mathguy said...

80 miles in 20 degree weather? Awesome. I am such a puss--you roll up half my week's mileage in an afternoon...