Sunday, January 17, 2010

doo-doo brown...

In an attempt to beat the meltdown yesterday, with temperatures forecast pushing 40 we decided to roll out at 5:00am. On paper our destination was to be Wilber, in reality we only managed a longish Cortland loop. Damn! It was chilly. Temps in the teens with a cold south wind blowing. After 2 hours of dark gravel riding, it was sweet by the way, we stumbled into the Cortland quickee. The usual quasi-friendly sarcastic good old boys were parked in their traditional window seats but this time they were actually friendly, enjoying our gravel riding sadistic nature.

I've got to say that one of the best purchases I made last year was my prescription transition Oakley half-jackets. One pair of glasses good in all light conditions, total dark to full sun. Not cheap, but everything I need in one package. I will say I struggled skiing with them a few times though, they fit really close to the face & tend to fog up when you heat up while skiing.
The cast of fools...dark knight, C-bread, FOB, Butchie, & m-dub.
victoire!
This was as bad as it got, roads were really good. A couple times in the dark I had to navigate some deep road-grader ruts but besides that...
Jamaica/Homestead @ S 25th, I don't see this being cleared for a long time.
I guess mileage ended up being 55 or so, unsure exactly. 4+ hour excursion, it was just great to be out riding. Oh yeah...that was my first real outdoor ride of 2010, it was great! It just felt wonderful being back on the bike, legs were there.

Going to get out for a bit today & check things out...

On a side note to my riding companions...here's the link to that dude's journey to bus 142:


Later,

TK

No comments: