Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday bling...

The Dragon's Tooth has been retired or at least relegated to commuter status.  Bontrager RXL in the hizzy, white...buh-ling!
Break in process has begun.  From the second I first put them on I immeadiately noticed how light these bad boys are.  Light.  Trial by fire, double loop in the park.  Freakin' wind, I opted to hide out rather than get pissed off.  

Dropped in at Pioneers, biker to Saltillo, back to 14th parking, hiker back to the first bridge South of Pioneers...repeat.  Just under 40 miles as I rolled into my drive, around 35 of it in the park. Dogs were barking when it was all said & done, its been a few years since they've seen new shoes.

I used to often skip 14th to Saltillo...I associated it with a lot of roots.  I've slowly begun to really enjoy that section. Partly because of increased familiarity but also because I've been running higher air pressure & not pounding the rim over some of the roots.  I thought I had the f-loop figured out though also & it took me down a couple Saturday's ago.  I still haven't fully recovered from that slam dunk.

Later,

TK 

No comments: