Saturday, April 4, 2009

1 of 4...

As usual, ignore the forecast. Windy...head for the park. DK hosting today, thanks man. The crew: PC, MW, Butch, FOB, myself & a bunch of Kevin's (3 total). The park has been amazing the last couple of weeks, that special time when its dry & the weeds/grass haven't taken over yet. Rippin' fast, a potential head-on just around every corner. That would suck but with the park being multi-directional, always a possibilty. Below: we lost FOB, again. Unlike last week he turned up shortly after this photo was taken.
There's FOB! Butch hammered the creek crossing & got snake bit...

Waiting for the flat to be fixed shinanigans featuring one of the Kevin's...
Oh yeah, 1 of 4? I got to thinking...I didn't crash in March. January & February definitely. April, see below. So I'm 1 out of 4 this year or you could say I've crashed in 3 out of 4 months in 2009. That's my front tire tread tattooed on my right shin. Hit a root, slam! Launched both water bottles & my sunglasses. Had dirt & wood shavings in the bead of my tire when I examined the carnage. All good, this happened in the first 5 minutes of our 3+ hour jam. Biker out, hiker back, twice. All smiles! Great group today, great vibe, great ride.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring, can't trust the weatherman.

See ya out there?

TK

No comments: