Thursday, April 2, 2009

fools day...

The wind...ugh, the wind. I knew it was windy, but hell...how bad could it be? Started in the Park, hiker to Jamaica to Roca Berry, jumped on gravel on 38th to Stagecoach. This is where it gets ugly, 8 miles of loose gravel into the wind. Below: just short of 148th & Stagecoach. At this point I had detoured three times, once because the road ended, once for a road closure & once because I thought I could find a shortcut through a corn field. So I probably rode about 12 to get 8. I was seriously questioning my plans at this juncture. Head back to Lincoln? Nope, not on Fools Day! I'm a huge fool, keep going.

These guys warned me my journey would be tough. I didn't listen. From 148/Stagecoach I opted to head North, strong cross head much better than right into it.

Apparently there is no limit to how many times you can name a road Midway in Lancaster County. I know of three. East side of Branched Oak, just off of Raymond Rd. West of Denton off of SW 100th & this one 162nd just North of Yankee Hill.
Just short of 162nd & the Mopac...
My tailwind in sight...
Sometimes you find a groove & its all good, this wasn't one of those days. A hard fought 60, to be honest...it was only 58.

Later,

TK

1 comment:

Aaron Pool said...

did I hear "short cut through a corn field"? ...awsome