Thursday, April 9, 2009

the green light...

SW 140th & West O Street...
It was gorgeous outside yesterday. I had no plan, maybe Valpo. I kept gravitating further & further to the NW. How about approach Valpo from the West? Below: the lure of MMR. Now I'm on NW 154th heading North, new territory, windy, & its getting really hilly as I pass BO off in the distance to my right.
Valpo was still a possibility as I reached my Northwestern edge of NW154th & Ashland Rd. Not today though, after some quick calculations I determined I better find my way back to Lincoln. I would be pushing it to get back by dark as it was. Consulted a map this morning...I was 3 South & 3 West of Valpo, damn almost there! Pushing a headwind to this point had left me short of my unintended goal, I had run out of time.
Pit stop at the Oasis (home of the Clippers) & rolled into the drive a few minutes past 8:00.

71.2, very nice.

Have a great day!

Later,

TK

4 comments:

ScottyD said...

Did you win the lottery? You need to work more!

Cornbread said...

Lucky dawg! So jealous. See you Saturday!

t-nuts said...

I did win $6 on powerball & $2 on a scratchy a few weeks back, I let it all ride on 8 more quick picks. I believe I got 1 number out of all 8 sets. The highs & lows of powerball...

c-bread - won't see ya Saturday, my mission North is on! Epic Saturday & firearms Sunday.

ScottyD said...

Let it ride(pun intended) sound advice.