Monday, April 20, 2009

and the well ran dry...

Round 3 for this weekend foray on the road bike was the TTT at Pioneers.  We worked pretty well together for not having a clue.  Its just a pace line but you're in the aero position, a bit vulnerable. We got 2nd of 6 teams.  I'd do it again.  Best part...I rode over, it was only 3 miles from home.

Round 4 - Southwest HS Crit @ 5:30.  They don't call it the weak-end for nothing.  You can only fake it for so long, then the holes in your training & abilities start to surface.  Saturday I buried myself to survive, pulled out the stubborn card.  The TTT I was with 2 others to share the load, yesterday's crit...the well ran dry.  Nothing left, my legs revolted in the first minute of the event.
I'm way more shelled this morning than after the 144 last weekend.  For me...I get out of cycling what I put into it.  I have put in no intensity & it shows.  Mentally, I really didn't need this beat down. 

Hey Brian...hope you're ok.  Hang in there! 

TK

2 comments:

bryan said...

I'm OK, for the most part. Yesterday was horrible -- I threw up a lot. Today is much better. And I get my bike back tomorrow! Wheeee!

t-nuts said...

Bryan - glad to hear you're doing well! You'll have to post a pile-o-bike picture on your blog. With the exception of hitting a curb & a van your riding awesome, great racing with you. See you out there soon.