Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reality check vs. eternal optimism

Who do you want to believe?

Accuweather: "After depositing fresh snow over the mountains and passes of the central Rockies, the storm will lay a swath of 3 to 6 inches of snow from Denver to Omaha and Davenport, Ill., through Friday night. The snow will fall in a short period of time, quickly covering and making roads treacherous."

NOAA: Friday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Blustery, with a east wind 10 to 13 mph becoming north northeast between 19 and 22 mph. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

I'm going with the 3 inches. Saturday's high is 28, we're riding:)

Well if we do get 9+ I'll at least get a core workout with the shovel, my snow blower can't handle those numbers.

Historically I've used the winter months to get a few home projects completed, I haven't done crap this year except ride on the weekends. After work tonight, make sure the snow blower's ready & inventory my painting supplies.

Damn! The backyard was almost devoid of mud too! We've been dog-sitting all week, so we've had an extra set of dirty paws to deal with.

See you out there?

TK

1 comment:

TP said...

I saw that forcast for you guys. With 5-9 inches I'd be on the ski's. It's going to get cold and wet in KC but the prediction is for about 1 inch of snow Friday night.

I have the same issue with home projects but I have nowhere near the miles you have. Better come up with another excuse before Nancy figures it out!