Wednesday, February 18, 2009

it seems like just yesterday....

February 16th marked the 3rd anniversary of my Hotttop rotary drum roaster. I was planning on a celebratory post 2 days ago but on the eve of its big day the cooling arm quit working after a batch of beans ejected from the roasting chamber. The beans eject into a tray & for 6 minutes they are spun around in a perforated tray as a fan blows air from below cooling the beans. I spent Monday worrying about replacing the cooling arm motor, but after performing a dry run Monday night...its working again. Last night, business as usual. A successful batch of Columbian "Pinipay", FTO of course.
Its like a lot of things in life, just because its working now doesn't mean its not going to be a problem down the road. Take our kitchen sink drain for instance. Monday, to go along with my roaster worries, the drain backs up. Holly manages to get some flow with a plunger & some Liquid Plumber. Rather than a reoccurring headache & the need to dump gallons of chemicals down the drain, I nipped it in the bud & called a drain guy. He snaked the kitchen drain & we had him hit the laundry drain as well. Both are good to go for the foreseeable future.
I probably should order the motor, right?

As I'm writing this...Hudson just ate a kleenex. Apparently breakfast wasn't enough.

Tour of CA coverage has been painful.

HD entered our life about a month ago. I'm watching crap I never would have watched a month ago. I'll save a PBR post for another time. That Bones, he's one rank son of a...

Its Wednesday, 1/2 way there. I have to work Saturday though, doh!

That's it for my mid-week all over the place post.

Later,

TK

3 comments:

ScottyD said...

We upgraded our Dish to HD just in time for the Tour of Cali. Your right watch stuff just because its in HD.

bryan said...

The channel that easily gets watched the most in our house: HGTV in HD.

No idea why. It's just always on.

t-nuts said...

HD doesn't do the VS. crew any favors. Craig, Phil, & Paul are downright scary. After a shaky start the last 2 stages coverage have been pretty good.

Were Dishnetwork also, impressed with how much HD is available.