Saturday, February 28, 2009

never in doubt....

I knew we were supposed to get 2-4 inches but I wasn't buying it. Even if we did, there was never any doubt that I was riding. So we got every bit of 4 inches, the above stats an hour before ride time should have made me think twice, nope! The big question...what other fools are on the same page as myself.

As I rolled up to D St. I could see a fresh set of tracks, I'm not the only fool. So at least its going to be me, someone else, & C-bread of course, he lives here. That's exactly what it ended up being, me, MW, & Cornbread. For those that didn't make it, the park was awesome! This was a fluffy snow unlike the wet 4 incher we got a few weeks ago. With the trees blocking the wind & the air temperature leaving single digits, it was perfect in there.

C-bread & I traded camera shots

An important call, he is the MW for heaven's sake.
At some point we ran into the Dark Knight (not pictured) & then KW found us.

Accident report: MW went down once, as did I. Minor incidents, I found the only patch of ice in the park. We set some new criteria for snowy crashes, if you don't touch an elbow or shoulder its not a crash just a big dab. Cornbread, not so lucky. Crash #1 was the slow tip over type when a rut grabbed his front wheel, no problem. Crash #2 was a slam dunk on his left side/knee when his front wheel washed out. That one hurt. He's going to do some body maintenance this afternoon. He has to...we're riding gravel tomorrow! Hope you're recovering man.

3+ hours ride time, 4 hours outside. Oh yeah! Tomorrow the winds are suppose to die down & gravel shall be ridden!

On another note, just got off the phone with Craigio...him & Sean Hansen have been adding more trails out at Branched Oak, Area 7. They've already added 1.6 miles, I believe, & are working on more this week. They are working with the park-boss out there & he's behind their efforts 100%. Way to go guys!

March tomorrow.

Later,

TK

No comments: