Saturday, February 28, 2009

good morning...

Stocked up on supplies this week. 20 lbs of green coffee keeps us going for about 10 weeks, approximately. Pictured is 4 - 5 pounder's. Columbia, Panama, El Salvador, & a Papua NG. All FTO, well actually the Panamanian is Rain Forest Certified.

My stash comes from the amazing stock over at a local shop/roaster Cultiva, 1501 South Street. I urge people to support this local business, beware though, check when they are open, they don't keep your traditional hours. Owner Jon & his apprentice?/roaster Ian are super-passionate about what they do. About a year ago I was in there & mentioned to Jon I was a home roaster, he immediately offered to sell me green beans if I wanted. I wanted! I've made about five 15 to 20 pound purchases since. Prior to our relationship I was ordering online from a coffee guru in Oakland, CA.

Ian tossed in a small sampler of a private stock he had roasted. Columbian COE #17. Oh yeah!

It didn't disappoint.
TK

No comments: