Saturday, June 13, 2009

37.4172 km...

I don't decide the distance...I just show up & ride. Brought the Jetta out of semi-retirement for the trip up to Yutan. Bad front brakes & no left turn signal, no problem.

Good turnout, even some KS folk rolled into town. How'd it go? Pretty good actually, truth be told...this whole week on the bike has gone pretty good. Tuesday night crit jam was the best group & flow we've ever had, survived a fairly tame WNW, & didn't fall apart at the TT. Ok, my form was pretty shabby the last 5-6 miles.
Crappy picture of the '94 Jetta sound system, yep...that's a cassette deck. Popping in some Bowie. There's about 4-5 cassettes in the old Jetta. Two of them are Rage Against the Machine, a Bob Marley, & Changes Bowie (pictured, sort of). I think there's one more but I can't remember what it is. This car hardly ever gets driven so the music situation is pretty static.
I might be riding the road a lot these days but my head was going side to side looking at gravel as I made my journey up Hwy 77 today. Bummed I have to miss the Ponca ride, have to work next Saturday. Someday.

I need to cook up an adventure for myself for next Sunday.

Later,

TK

3 comments:

LeLan Dains said...

Hey man,
Thanks for posting the link for our race. I know it would be a stretch for you guys to drive that far for a XC race, but...if you've got nothing better going on that weekend. Good shot at some $$. Anyways, hope the DK hangover is subsiding. Keep on rockin' it on the bike and everything will be A-Okay.

mathgeek said...

I love David Bowie. I would have married David Bowie. Don't tell velo-dude.

t-nuts said...

@mathgeek...mums the word:)