Sunday, June 21, 2009

"plan C" hundee...

Until this morning "plan A" was a super-ride (details are classified, well sort of) but up until this morning the forecast had the wind at SSE under 10 mph. At 4:30 am I checked the weather, actually I checked 4 weather sites, & they all had SW in the mid-teens. Son of a....! I already knew it was going to be hot & humid, we also had a bunch more rain last night so the gravel was going to be messy but now an extremely unfavorable wind. I can't be expected to finish a super-ride with my jersey pockets stuffed full of firecrackers from MO into a 15 mph headwind. Ooops! I just spilled part of the secret plan. It was going to be a historic journey. BTW - I'm replacing the term "epic" with "historic" to describe epic, I mean historic rides. I'll roll out "plan A" another day, may not be this year though.

Quick implement "Plan B". Oh yeah I don't have a "plan B". How about...head straight south to KS & back. Quasi-historic. Below: this is what I had to deal with. Mix this with the before mentioned stiff SW wind, ugh!
It took me an hour to get to SW 2nd & Stagecoach, that's less than 15 miles. Below: doesn't look to bad...until you ride on it. Ok, "plan C". Throw out the play book & just ride around.
Stopped to chat with a few of the locals. Ignorant bliss...
Don't even think about it...
This is where a T-Rex escaped the secret research compound, my head was on a pivot knowing there was a dinosaur loose...
hi...
says it all...
This was my money shot but I screwed it up, found a golf ball on H Road, 2 miles south of Crete...
So anyway...I basically rode down to SW2nd & Stagecoach (launched "plan C") then headed west & north to Denton then made my way to Milford then headed south to Crete then down to Cortland & back on the Homestead.

Good day after all.

108.1

Later,

TK


2 comments:

ScottyD said...

Holy Crap you need to throw up some stats. How many miles this year already? How many 100+ rides? Freaking epic year to date for sure!

t-nuts said...

8 - 100+ rides including DK, only one of those on the road. Damn! I hadn't looked back until now.

we're working on coming down this weekend. probably doing saturday/sunday or something like that.

later...