Sunday, June 28, 2009

so how'd it go...?

It went pretty good. Objective: have a good time...accomplished.

Coach, myself, & the Lincoln Industries Juniors (Coach's kids) made our way down to KC Saturday afternoon for a couple days of crits. Lodging was provided by super-host TP with JT & son already in the house (he raced Friday as well). Thanks TP!

Arrived at the venue with just under an hour before my Cat 3 race, registered, kitted up & proceeded to warm up. Warming up was no problem with the heat & high humidity, I was ready to go in about 10 minutes. It being just a few weeks since my departure from my foray into long distance gravel riding I've been trying to get some speed back. The pace of the race challenged a few times but was basically manageable. Final results weren't anything to brag about but I was right in it to the finish. Mission accomplished, a good time was had. Below: Coach & my non-matching Gary Fisher Arc Pro's (he rocking the trip-x fork to my race lite). These bikes continue to impress, I'm super-satisfied with the ride & still lovin' the graphics.
No idea...?
Today we rolled out early so TP, Coach, & myself could race the Master's together at 8:00am. Glad we did, we don't get to race together enough (understatement). TP took 2nd & Coach 4th, me...I was there. Lets call it a good workout, found myself out of position & payed the price. Did I have a good time, hell yeah. Racing bikes with friends...all good! Below: thanks Tanya for snapping the pic & coming out to watch.
Job well done to the SKC crew! I didn't race Friday but the two courses I did race we're very good. I hope this weekend sticks & they build on a really impressive debut year. If you didn't make the trip...you missed out. Good size fields & great venues, top notch promotion.

Had the chance to see some of my favorite folks I haven't seen since the Fall. The Wallace's, Edwards', & countless faces in the regional race seen. The KC vibe is awesome, great people. I'm hoping to make Lawerence this weekend but a number of things need to line up for that to happen, right now its 70-30 I'm going. The seventy is the "not going" side, insert frown here.

When in MO... What's up with these names? I spent half my time at the fireworks store laughing at the goofy names.
Reality check, back to work tomorrow. A week from hell is forecast, wish me luck.

Later,

TK


2 comments:

Coach said...

That was fun. Good weekend. Good luck hiring this week.

ScottyD said...

I'm a little disappointed there was no hundee.