Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

My days the last couple months are usually made up of work Monday through Friday, train after work & race on the weekends. A day off during the week throws off my rhythm. A whole day to get ready to leave for Iowa City tomorrow, were not even leaving until 2:00 pm so really I could get ready tomorrow. I managed a couple projects, still had to remove a few screens & put in the windows for winter, better late than never. Took the recycling over to the spot. Weather's great definitely have a ride planned.

Monday is always my day off, I was exhausted from the weekend. Tuesday I usually do a light workout, still exhausted. Rode the trainer for 30 minutes. Was I getting sick? Wednesday is my hard day, still tired. Decided to just chill on the trainer again, 30 minutes. Today...finally feeling recovered, so maybe I wasn't sick just spent from last weekend.

Headed over to one of the top secret training grounds for some hard efforts. Plan was to do 4 laps, recover, then 4 more laps, cool down. First set shaved 39 seconds off my previous PR. OK...I'm recovered from the weekend. I packed up, skipped the 2nd set & slow-rolled over to another top secret training ground. I don't like to abandon a workout but I'm racing in 2 days so why push my luck if I'm going that good. I opted for one hot lap at the 2nd location & called it good. Besides this is what I had waiting for me. Tofu goodness!









Oh yeah...we invited a few dogs over for the festivities. Shilo, Hudson, Scout, Abe, & Ellie. 2 yellow labs, a black lab, a jack russell, & Hudson...the dachsund/yorkie mix. Hope everyone is having a good day. Later, TK

2 comments:

ScottyD said...

Holy cow that's a gaggle of geese. I'm not even going to comment on Tofurkey. Good Luck in Iowa. Stay warm looks like a blizzard is on the way

ScottyD said...

I mean gaggle of dogs. Damn brain not working this am