Monday, November 17, 2008

KS CX USM


Having a bad day is a relative term. Team mate Tom Price hit a root, crashed, & injured his shoulder. That's a bad day. Mark Studnicki was going for a potential win in the 35+ & dropped his chain. That's a bad day. Me...I dropped my chain on the start of the 2nd lap, crashed a half lap later, & then flatted a front tubular & had to run about 1/4 mile to the pit. Bad day? Nope, I actually had a good day. Why? Once I got on my pit bike with all my troubles behind me, I felt great. Fitness was there, stamina, power. 8 laps of chasing, never quite got there, but it was a good day.

Lincoln CX this weekend, hope you all can make it up here. Weather's looking real good.

TK

2 comments:

Mark Studnicki said...

Not sure what lap that was when I saw you running with your bike up by the "corkscrew", but you had to have been at least a 1/2 lap behind me when you got to your pit bike, and then finished right behind me. that 10 minute run must have cleaned the legs out! Kudos for having all the drama and still maintaining your composure. I failed miserable in that department, but in the end, it was just an inconvenience in my "warm-up" race. Price had the "legitimate" Bad Day!

t-nuts said...

I'm feeling that run today.

TK