Monday, November 24, 2008

Lincoln CX in the books...

Where to start...

What's being on a team all about? It could never be any more clear than it is to me now. We all came together with a common goal & ended up pulling off a successful weekend of racing. THANK YOU to everyone that helped out & THANK YOU to everyone who showed up to race. A special THANK YOU to everyone who traveled from out of state, you all helped to make this a great weekend. THANK YOU to the weather! Back to back 50 degree days. To all those that didn't show up...you really missed out.

The course...it was unbelievable. It had everything. With the exception of the 1/4 mile road section, the 1.5 mile circuit was an 8-10 foot wide grass speedway. You could rip through the corners carrying all kinds of speed. A single double barrier section & of course the Hooligan Hill run-up. This course was about as good as I've ridden. Top three we'll call it. JJ if you're reading this...Saturday at Spooky Cross last year is one my top three. What's number one you might be thinking...Nationals '06 in Providence, that course was amazing.

Hooligan Hill...as quiet as I've ever seen it on Saturday. Wierd. Sunday though...off the freakin' hook! People in your face screaming your name cheering you on, that's what its all about. THANK YOU for that intense energy, every lap I would look forward to arriving at the hill to be greeted by the insanity. A $5 hanging from the tree that I grabbed didn't hurt either.

Oh yeah how did I race? I was concerned all week that promoting & racing wouldn't mix, but I still had plenty in the tank to put forth a couple good races. I continue to be pleased with my fitness with Nationals just 3 weeks away.

Jingle Cross this weekend in Iowa City.

Again, thank you.

TK

3 comments:

Marc Walter said...

Lot's of good comments from everyone I raced with. Just top notch all around.

sdcxr said...

Great event...thank you for all of the hard work that you and everyone put in....the course was perfect....nice job on the weather too!!

dirtdobber said...

Great race you guys. Looking forward already to next year.