Sunday, October 19, 2008

My day off....


Didn't travel yesterday so I had to make the best of my day off. Wife & dogs went up to Norfolk Friday night, so it was just me. Wierd.
-mowed the lawn
-unhooked the hoses
-cleaned out the gutters
-took the recycling
-went to the grocery store
-went to the bread store
-rode my bike
- got my bikes ready for KC tomorrow
-watched about 1/2 the Husker's game
If you remember last weekend, or not, I was experiencing some shifting problems. I rode my "A" bike today to make sure the problem was gone. Unfortunately it was still there. I tightened up the cable a couple clicks & it seemed to go away. Hmmmm?
Went home & began the clean up for today's races in KC. I discovered the root of my shifting woes...I had a piece of an outer plate on my chain broken off. I can't believe the chain didn't come apart. Picture not included, but I took one.
So I ended my day with a soy cheese pizza & channel surfing between cops, CU v. KSU, & Barrett Jackson Classic car auction on Speed Channel.
Man I'm ready to race today.
TK

No comments: