Thursday, June 17, 2010

the shit sandwich...

So I told you I had wandered down to the Elkhorn early last Saturday morning. Met up with an old guy coming up from the river bank, his house is/was located 100 yards or so from the river. He told me the river had come up two feet overnight but would need to come up another ten to cause him any grief. He'd been there going on 40 years & the river had been in his house before, didn't say when though. Well Monday the river came up 14 feet & I'd have to say his home was completely submerged. My wife's Aunt & Grandmother live 1/4 mile from the river & the water came & came but spared the house with only some water in the basement. I picture the house as a little island surrounded by water. Below: Saturday morning the river was just a few feet below the bridge...
Now imagine it 14 feet higher, over my head with me standing on the bridge. Son-of-a...take a big bite. TP & family took a big bite earlier this week, I can only imagine how frustrating & helpless it can make one feel. Out of your control. Hope you guys are getting back to some degree of normalcy...
on a happier thread, last night...
and then...
rucio...
represent...
Later,

TK


No comments: