Sunday, June 13, 2010

down time...

I'm still here. More or less took the week off, well I rode to work everyday. Slow rode to work to be more exact. I walked away from numerous issues at the j.o.b. prior to leaving for DK & paid for it all week trying to get caught up. Head's still not quite above water. Post historic event depression has come & gone, probably good work was off the hook to distract me. Everyday has been a new adventure with the healing process from last weekend's gravel slide. Getting better but still can only sleep on my left side & chunks are peeling & dropping off daily, pleasant. My hip wound is the most uncomfortable.

We're up in flooded Madison County this weekend for my sister in law's wedding, which I was a groomsman. My gravel rash has been a constant topic of awe & repulsion. Hiked down the road to the Elkhorn yesterday to see how high it had swollen with around 6 inches of rain over the last 4 days, took some pictures but forgot my camera cord. Brought a bike but was to busy to ride yesterday with wedding detail & today it's raining again intermittently. The plan is to be back in the saddle this week, that's the plan at least.

So what's next on the race schedule? Don't know. When the bar has been raised so high with an event like DK it's hard to get amped for anything else. The plan...ride my bike & have fun, simple enough.

Later,

TK

3 comments:

Cornbread said...

"Ride bike and have fun"...sounds like a great plan. Keep that chin up. There's a lot of fun bicycle adventures in the near future.

sbig said...

Still amazed at your performance at DK. Get back on the bike and have fun, sounds like perfect therapy. Can't wait to get back on the gravel in Nebraska.

Aaron G said...

"Ride bike and have fun" Amen!