Wednesday, June 23, 2010

melting butter, literally...

Since DK I've ridden, not counting the commute, just a handful of times & its been a few tempo gravel rides, 40 milers. Partly because work has been ridiculously busy & partly because I needed a break to heal up.

Not sure why, but last night I decided since it was the hottest evening of the year (heat index at a hundee) & since I haven't done any speed work all year that I would bust out the Cronus & head to crit practice. To say I didn't have top end, leg speed, or a fast twitch going would be an understatement...but I went all the same.

heading for the Bison...
Parts of the trail were under water as recently as Monday so had to roll through some muddy sections & then this, hmmm?
I'd say we have a problem here, trail may be closed for awhile. Looked like they were going to redo the bridge on the East end anyway...



Eventually made it & it went off as I expected. Had nothing to really offer. I'd hang in for a couple laps of the 20 lap effort, drop off & then jump back in. Like I said, it went pretty much like I expected...
This bike is bad ass, going to have to spend some more time on it...
Coach & Ghast also out enjoying their Cronus's...
An attempt to get the money shot of the three Cronus's, didn't happen...
in the house...
So got some work to do to get back. I wouldn't call it a surprise or an eye opener or anything, pretty much how I thought it would go. Oh yeah...it was fun, I'll be back.

Later,

TK

4 comments:

Mark Savery said...

Yeah buddy, when we racing road bikes? We're running out of time, CX is only 12 weeks away!!!

elisabeth said...

there was an article in the paper recently that said that bridge, unfortunately, will be closed until funds are raised to fix it, and it's not a priority. it was deemed unsafe for even pedestrians. looks like it's time to raise some money.

Coach said...

Good to see you out there. Geeezzzzz Mod, let's enjoy summer while it's here.

mw said...

i wonder what will happen to that log jam?