Saturday, June 19, 2010

hot steamer...

Ahhh work...a double-edged sword. Pays the bills but can challenge your regular routine when it gets in the way. We lost a couple folks at the job recently (to put it nicely) & in a fairly small company like I work at the trickle down is huge. With the economy still weak...rehire or just pick up the slack? Right now it's the bury yourself to stay ahead approach, we're going to rehire but that doesn't happen overnight.

Anyway...I've been riding later in the evenings & by myself. I wish I could say it cooled off as the sun went down last night but not much. As usual I headed out only with a loose plan. Eventually I decided to head for the Denton wall. Don't want to tell you exactly where it is because it'll probably be on the GLGA course this year, some of you already know it.

I approach from the North, crest a small rise & there it is...
About a 1/2 mile up the road, doesn't look like much from back here...
Building up speed, you can try to gain momentum but the approach is white rock & loose gravel...
closer...
At this point the approach has killed your attack, just settle in & grind it to the top. My 42 x 25 & a slight tail just wasn't enough & I was out of the saddle working it...
It's not long just steep, probably as steep as we've got around here. Mix in 50+ or so climbs like this or similar & the GLGA won't disappoint on the historic scale. Over the top I stopped & made some new friends. They agreed, a hot steamer...
2 weeks removed, all good...
Temp was probably only 80 something but damn the humidity was sick...
New road, Yankee Hill & 110th-ish...
stumbled on this...
and this guy...
in the house...
Gotta work today, whatever...

Later,

TK

1 comment:

TP said...

I hate it when work gets in the way. Seems like the story of my life right now. Good to see you out ripping up the gravel again!