Tuesday, March 2, 2010

crazy to a new level...

I'm constantly amazed by what people will attempt on bikes. Last month I was humbled by the folks that toed the line for the Arrowhead Ultra, that was a mere 135 in well below zero temps. Now I'm following this, the Iditarod Trail Invite. 350 or 1100 miles! WTF! I've noticed a few names that keep popping up on these super-endurance events, what do these people do for a living that they can get so much time away from work/life. As I sit here in my warm house typing this with a fresh cup from my french press I toast those that take crazy on a bike to a new level. I prefer my craziness to be in the Spring/Summer...at least for now:)

Later,

TK

3 comments:

fob said...

And, Mike Curiak adventure is even crazier:

http://lacemine29.blogspot.com/2010/02/touring-alaska-2010.html

JT said...

Come on Troy plenty of tofu and you can do anything.

jamesb said...

Whats amazing, is that the iditabike doesn't even get your gear to the pitstops every time. Prerequisites are being stranded 24 hours in snow, getting buzzed by drunk locals on snowmobiles, getting hit/tangled up with dogsled teams (the dogs can cost 10's of 1000's). when are we headed up there?

Good accounts here