Thursday, March 4, 2010

thus far...

Every year about this time I'm obliged to do two things at work, #1 is purchase girl scout cookies from someone at the office & after waiting for their arrival comes the second thing...eating cookies until I want to puke. You know there not even that good but there's something about the ordering & waiting process that makes you look past that. So in my sugar stupor I headed out Tuesday night with no real plan but ended up in Malcolm at dusk. The old general store looks a little more lively with its neons glowing, not usually up there at this time of day.
All quiet at the PO...my return trip to Lincoln was made a little interesting with both my lights running out of juice. Gravel is so good right now that I just put my faith in the roads being smooth & they were, no problem...thanks Lancaster County road crews.
WNG - Wednesday Night Gravel. What are bridges out in the country good for? Apparently furniture dumping & deer kills. No deer carcasses off this bridge ( that I could see) but pretty common sights. Dumb f...'s. Actually a pretty good toss. They either landed it with the cushions in tact or managed to "frisbee" the cushions into position after the couch heave. Dumb f...'s.
"honey, I'm no where near home..."
bad picture number one...
and number two...
That would be JB, C-bread, AG, & then m-dub emerging from the blackness. New batteries in one of the lights last night & it was all good...the gravel, my company, & my illumination


we've been teased all week with possible 50's for the weekend...but now rain likely Friday night may set the tone for the whole weekend, son-of-a...

Later,

TK

1 comment:

mw said...

fun ride. pretty good distance for me for mid week.