Sunday, March 21, 2010

next...

Snapped a hundee on Thursday so Friday's snow & ice blast didn't affect me that much. Some of the crew ventured out Saturday morning on the ice but I passed, too much to lose & very little to gain. Hard men though, right on.

I had a shop day instead. The Arc Pro is getting passed along making room for my new Cronus. The Arc Pro served me well, the aluminum frame with carbon rear & carbon fork performed really well, no complaints at all. Snappy may be an overused term, but it was well...snappy. I experimented with this crazy high Euro position w/ the levers & I have to report it didn't go well. I ride on the hoods a lot so that was comfortable but when you're in the drops it was hard to shift & brake w/o reaching. Oh well, it was an experiment...looked sweet though.
New ride & new garage furnace. Wife got me this propane blast furnace for our anniversary earlier this month & this was its maiden voyage except for a test run when I got it. When I got out to the garage it was 33 degrees, fired this up (on a pretty low setting) & w/in 30-45 minutes I was in the 50's & eventually the 70's until I shut it down because I was way too hot. Thanks honey!
Pile-o-bike...
done...
Shop day was yesterday, today we ride! Rolled out of D St. with temps in the upper teens, chilly. W. A St. assault was the plan, hadn't done that route in a while, took Van Dorn on Wednesday. W. A is way more hilly than Van D. & we were throwin' down pretty hard. Found ourselves in Milford, second time in a matter of days for me after a long drought.
An eclectic bunch today...Ryan, Dane, DK, Kid-dew, C-bread, FOB, & Brian D.
We visited the Milford Mini-Mart & I had some business to take care of. Powerball apparently wasn't hauling in enough cash for the lottery syndicate so they've added MEGA MILLIONS! To show there creativity, instead of the "powerball" they call it the "MEGA BALL"! It's just another powerball except the drawings are on Tuesday & Friday, so there's "powerball" four days a week now, oh boy or whatever...
South out of Milford to Yankee Hill to hook up with a strange twisty bit of gravel that passes a curious group of "homes" along the Big Blue River. If you've ever seen the dwellings on the east side of the Platte pedestrian bridge you would be in the right ballpark with your imagery. I've been down here a couple times before & I'm always left wondering about the inhabitants. BTW-it's called Council Oaks Rd. between Denton & Yankee Hill between SW224th & SW196th. We skirted Denton heading back North into the headwind re-crossing our path @ SW 112th & W. A with Malcolm as our next stop. Haven't had a RBC for a while so we got reacquainted...
Brian & Kid-dew...
C-bread...
me...
Another great day on the bike. Damn, riding bikes is fun.

Say farewell to high-res pictures, takes to long to upload.

50's all week:)

Later,

TK


1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Great ride today!

Yeah, the hi res pics take awhile to upload. Some bigger posts with a lot of pics can sometimes take over an hour. Yeah, I like to waste time. :)