Friday, December 4, 2009

confusion...

I think I'm getting ready for Nationals next week? My bikes & gear left Monday so I've had to alter my training. Road bike is on the trainer, super-cold outside, legs are a bit sore from riding a different bike.

I was trying to dig up some photos from Providence, RI 2005 but I can't find any. That was my first Nationals. We rode 7 miles in a heavy snow to get to the venue on Day 1. When we got there the course was invisible due to the blanket of fresh wet snow. By the time my 40-44 race started it had stopped snowing but about half way through it started to rain. When I finished it had started to snow again with a stiff wind. I hurried to this expo tent & changed from my soaking wet riding clothes into my damp street clothes, sucked! Marshall's 35-39 race was next, by this time it was a full on blizzard. Wet snow was blowing really hard, horizontally. He made it like 10 minutes & wisely raced back to the same expo tent. People trickled in over the next hour frozen & hypothermic. Not good. Hardly anyone finished that race.

The course froze solid overnight & the next day it was a maze of frozen ruts, think Saturday @ KC '07 & you'll get the picture.

I'm not sure if I had a good time that year, more like a survive the weekend attitude.

Thanks to the Team X crew for taking me in that weekend, great crew to roll with.

Here's a random shot from Lincoln CX...its a cool picture of Mark & I dueling, but my favorite part is Mod lurkin' in the background:) Photo credit goes to Jeremy Cook, don't know ya but thanks.


Good luck to the boys in Portland this weekend, looks like there going to have good weather. Forecast for Nationals the following week...not so good. Rain & snow, whatever.

Later,

TK



No comments: