Tuesday, November 24, 2009

life after CX...

For some of us our falls are consumed by the CX season. I love this time of year. I train hard one day a week & race nearly every weekend. Headed to Iowa City Friday morning for 3 days of racing at Jingle CX. Two weeks from this Thursday I'll be racing in Bend, OR at Nationals. Damn! That snuck up on us.

So is there life after CX? What's next on my agenda?

How about this...Trans Iowa V.6! I'm one of the fortuitous (fools) lucky enough to grab one of the 75 slots available for this Iowa gravel grinder.

Its no secret I found a new passion this Winter, Spring, & Summer...gravel. Particularly endurance gravel. Every ride is a new adventure, exploring the midwest countryside by gravel & dirty B roads.

In less than a year I've gone from thinking a gravel century was a novel idea to racing the Dirty Kanza (205 miles of gravel) to signing up for TIV6, 340 miles of gravelly goodness. Bring it freakin' on! I'm pumped!

If I don't post gain this week, happy Thanksgiving everyone! See some of you this weekend in IA.

Kind of busy at work this week....wonder if I'll have time to snap off a hundee before we leave Friday:)

Later,

TK




1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Stoked to have you on board for TI!