Sunday, March 1, 2009

PPE

Above: the money shot, below: first tracks, sort of. From EP to Saltillo parking it was hiker & ski tracks, I was first bike. The snow single track that has been carved between the first bridge all the way South to 14th St parking is primo. Once in the park I was never cold. No one was in the park, at one point I was wondering if I could get in an end to end w/o seeing anyone. Nope, ran into KW on my way back from the Saltillo end. He turned around & the 2 of us continued North. A couple miles later, the Dark Knight. At the creek crossing 2 more hardy souls, don't know them but KW did. Conditions were perfect, trail was dialed in, all good.


I asked KW, "so how cold does it have to get to keep us from riding?" Apparently colder than this. I know one thing, I wouldn't be out for 3 hours on the open road. The protection of the park makes it all possible. Well, that & my PPE. Personal Protective Equipment, for those of you who haven't worked in an industrial setting.

the lobsters...
the Lakes...

the balaclava w/ the skull cap underneath...also layers of wicking gear & toe/hand warmers (actually toe warmers in my gloves)...

Good weekend with some good people. Rode for 6+ hours over the 2 days & I can feel it. My arms, back & legs are whipped from the slipping, sliding, finessing, saving, crashing (minor) good times in the park. No crashes today though.

C-bread, hope your healing. See you next weekend, hopefully we can get in a mega.

Later,

TK

2 comments:

-kw said...

That was Chad Duval and Mike Johnson.

Cornbread said...

Feelin' way better. Rode today. First time since Saturday. Felt great.

I'm hoping the weather turns out to be nice for the weekend. I've got some catching up to do.