Saturday, March 14, 2009

LMSML...rogue mission

First of all, like 40 people showed up for 2009's first PCL, damn! I heard the actual # was 36 but I'm calling it around 40, damn! Pictured below is just a portion of the attendees. Omaha in the house, like 5 or 6 deep, Lincolnites I've never seen before, & the usual suspects of course. There were so many folks I didn't even realize some people had been on the ride until after. A month ago I reconned this event, made some mental notes. Back then it was just LML (LNK-Milford-LNK). A week or so later someone suggested adding miles with a 2nd stop in Malcolm, home of the Clippers. On my first recon I explored a wormhole (fold in the space/time continuim) that would get me from 178th to 182nd in the blink of an eye. I later decided that this avenue was to unstable & would be a risk. I could enter but may not come out the other side. I also considered hiding a Zodiac in the creek near 178th & VanDorn, I later decided this really would not gain me any advantage. My third consideration was probably the most risky, it involved a very active stretch of rail road tracks & I may have died attempting it.

So this week I settled on what I've coined "the rogue mission". LNK-Malcolm (home of the Clippers)-SEWARD-Milford-LNK. I put it at roughly 70 miles. With no real organized destinations or finish line for this "race", I can do whatever the hell I want. Its PCL!!!

The group rolled out West A, an awesome sight. 40 something strong. When we got to SW 63rd I made my hard right to the North and began my solo mission. First stop Malcolm, home of the Clippers. That's me trying to get a shot of myself with the PO in the background, kind of worked. Bought my Powerball ticket, ate some stuff, shed my wind jacket & headed out W. Bluff. Cross headwind & really hilly.
Next stop Seward. Lottery, food, bathroom...
Then 13.2 tough, but pretty flat, miles into the wind to Milford. Lottery, Dr. Pepper ( didn't see any RC's, did the earlier crew drink 'em all?), food. Cross tail time, well sort of. It was mostly a direct cross with bouts of tail.
Arrived back at D street to this...
Most people had been back for awhile, some had split already. The group that remained was all stories & smiles.

rogue mission recap: exactly 70, 16.8 avg. Ahhhh...sweet gravel.

If you weren't there...see ya at the next one. Cornbread & DK, thanks for hosting!

All smiles as I type this...

Later

TK

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Man, that was awesome. Long live the PCL!