Thursday, July 21, 2011

stickin' it...

...to the man, or whatever you want to call it.  Tuesday & Wednesday I rolled out in the dark at 5:30 am for a couple pre-work jams.  First time ever, brought about by afternoon heat index's in the triple digits.  Upside, beating the heat (relatively), downside...get to work an hour later putting myself behind to start off the day.  Whatever, it was worth it.  I found there was something unexpectedly liberating about having my ride out of the way.  The day-long stress of what time I would get out of work & how beat down I would be after work was gone.  It's not like I had to get up any earlier, I'm an early riser as it is...

This morning we're getting a little bit of rain, just what we need to moisten the oven.  

That extra advantage...
The Tour...with the exception of there being bike racing on TV (in HD) every day it has been seriously boring.  France is a beautiful country & HD definitely does it justice.  The next couple days are our last chance for something exciting to happen, please let something exciting happen...

Later,

TK

No comments: