Monday, April 25, 2011

packing it in...

Was that me? Did I really put myself through that this weekend? I'm in some short of mild shock, disbelief. 329 miles, 29+ hours , 3rd place finish. That 329 is the riding part, there was also many miles of walking muddy B roads.

I'm considering retirement from cycling. Nip it in the bud before it gets any bigger. You ask yourself now what? If I can do that...what's next?

As of this morning my attitude is never again, I won't put myself through that ever again. Get out while you can. Time heals a lot of wounds, we'll see what the future brings to my mental state.

I'll recap TIv7 throughout the week, time permitting.

A blanket "thank you" to everyone involved. Mark & Dave...that was an incredible experience.

Later,

TK


6 comments:

Marc Walter said...

Congrats. That's an extra ordinary accomplishment. Lay off the bike until you want it back. Remember, cycling is not only a good thing for you it's good for us all

Coach said...

Nice work Troy...That is a heck of a long ride.

Tom Woods said...

That's AWESOME Troy. Great performance!

Mark Savery said...

Awesome ride buddy, save some for cross. See you Saturday?

mathgeek said...

Nice job Troy...We were glued to the computer awaiting results Sunday morning!

t-nuts said...

Marc, Kev, Tom, Mark, Nancy...thanks all:)