Saturday, April 30, 2011

not quite...

didn't get to the bike until Wednesday, parked it Sunday when I got back to Lincoln & walked away. This week sucked, had to work Monday & didn't really start feeling "normal" until Thursday.



Rode to work & back all week but that was as intense as I got. Felt somewhat fresh going into this mornings PCL - Tour of Dirt Roads IV. At least I thought I felt okay. Like 40 people showed up for the ride including 5 from Omaha. Thanks for the route Schmidt-dog! Good times! Below: forced re-group at the Waverly crossing...
big thorn forced this stop...
sprint dead zone, at&t was rockin' it, that doesn't happen very often...
my vet in the house on his Steve Potts...
oh yeah, not quite. Thought I was feeling fine, but about 40 in the left knee started talking to me. First I dropped back a bit then made the decision to cut the ride short. Well, short is a relative term. I had 25 miles to get back to Lincoln. Knee was pretty annoying. Not sure what to think? Only hurt when pedaling. Once I got home all good. Hmmm?
So started in on the sodding the back yard project, knee felt fine. This was my wife's request for her birthday. Hopefully a little less mud in the house from 2 dog's paws who are in & out constantly. Before...
during...
Fin...
Looks like knee maintenance for me, Royal 162 in 2 weeks & DK in a month. Gotta be careful.

Later,

TK

No comments: