Thursday, April 14, 2011

how am I feeling...

...lucky I guess. Started Tuesday evening on a ride, sounded like a bb cup was grinding to its death on the one of the CX bikes (actually it wasn't that dramatic, but it was crapping out all the same). Got back to the lab to find that I had no replacements in stock, well I had plenty of replacements but all crap, see I have a problem with throwing anything away. To make a short story long, I spent an hour getting my road bike ready. Ready for what? WNW's of course, shit I haven't been in over a year. I heard last week people were crashing, breaking bikes & bones, slicing open appendages...I want in!
Then this happened on Wednesday afternoon. *I was driving the van, not on my bike. Sorry for any confusion* Coming out of the hole on 77, heading back to the shop. Dude pulled out on to 77 in Cortland, didn't see me. Your classic t-bone, spun me around, jumped the median, taking out a sign & left me facing southbound on the southbound side. First thought...I'm alright, second thought...shit we don't have an extra van, third thought...no way I'm making world's. Again, how am I feeling? Lucky. Physically? All good. Lucky. The van...not so good. Drive shaft knocked off, rear axle at a bizarre angle, & the below pictured caved in side. The fluid you see is water from an impact detonated 3 - gallon bottle of water. The other guy was fine also, lucky.
So WNW's in my future, maybe. Maybe not. The tulips sure are pretty in our yard though.
Later,

TK

yacht in s.f. - not pg...

3 comments:

jamesb said...

Holy crap! I'm glad your OK Troy!!

Marc Walter said...

IT's derby season. LET"S GO RACING! Glad you're ok.

munsoned said...

Whew! Dude, you should've specified for us non-Lincolnites that you were in fact DRIVING. I was under the impression that picture was the damage you did to the guy's van by riding your bike into the side of it, but you were alright?!? Now I see it's your vehicle that you were driving.

Glad you're ok.