Monday, December 6, 2010

Sometimes I forget...

...how much fun this can be. Why was yesterday fun? I actually felt like I was racing. Course had dried out a bit more, it was a little more technical, & I had the right air pressure. I feel like Saturday, to compound my general flatness, I ran to low a pressure on the soft course & it just made a bad day worse.

Finished 8th & I'm super-stoked about it. It was fun as hell. Fought it out the whole race with Daniel Casper from MN & a cat named Tom Feix from SF. Casper bested me but I held off Mr. Feix.

I locked up my 4th place in the series, podium was not really a possibility after so-so results in L-ville & FoCo. If I'd fallen apart yesterday Casper could have snuck in with a high finish...maybe.

TP rode to a solid 4th both days & locked in his 2nd place overall. Great job man!

Wood-nuts also enjoyed the beautiful day Sunday rocking to a 26th, improving 19 spots from Sat., while having way more fun doing it! Mod struggled with an uncharacteristic bout with cramps & had to pull the plug early.

What's next...spending one more day in Portland & cruise down to Bend tomorrow. Racing on Wednesday, TT on Thursday, & race again on Friday. Heard that they had another foot of snow there Saturday night to add to the piles they've already had over the last week.

Finally raining here this morning, more Portland like I guess.

Huge thanks to Nate & Emily Meschke for the housing! Great folks with a great vibe.

Later,

TK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go man!

TP said...

Nice race yesterday and for the whole USGP series. Good to have 2 midwest guys fighting it out for the top 5 in the overall. Time to focus on one more race!