Wednesday, October 21, 2009

can't do it all...

Before the CX season I had this clandestine notion about the USGP. I knew I could make it up to round 1 in Wisconsin & from there I would play it by ear. If round 1 went well I would consider Louisville, KY (round 2) which is just a little further but still do-able. Well...Wisco went real well so I had to make a decision. Here's my theory...if a person could make it to 3 of 4 stops of the USGP & place high at each stop that person could podium and/or possibly win the series. So...if Louisville went well I would have an even bigger decision to make because I would have to travel to NJ for round 3. Portland (round 4), although the weekend before Nationals, was out because I can't miss a week+ of work. I decided a couple weeks ago that rather than put myself in a torturous dilemma of trying to figure out how to get to NJ after Louisville that I would pull the plug on the USGP secret plan. Now I have a new plan...it involves TP. Dude, take my plan & go for it. I think you stand a really good chance of completing my scenario by making KY, NJ, & Portland ! Below: helmet on the podium, classy:)

Don't feel sorry for me, not that you were, because I'm still heading to Boulder next weekend for the Blue Sky Cup on Saturday & Boulder Cup on Sunday. My annual pilgrimage of suffering. This will be my third year traveling for this weekend, wouldn't miss it. Can't wait to throw down with CO's best in the 35+ Open both days. Love it...love it! I'm old enough to do the 45's now but I'm not ready to move on.

Bummed I'm missing this: http://spookycross.org/ Somehow this race never conflicted with Boulder until this year. I've been down the last 2 years & we still talk about how awesome these courses are. JJ & Tony are two really creative guys & their courses need to be experienced. Below: Spooky CX '07...historic.


This Saturday I'll be here: http://nebraskacyclingnews.com/events/details/28-norfolk-cyclocross. My wife's from the Norfolk area so its kind of like a hometown race, sort of. Looking forward to it.

Three cheers for Coach KB!!! Dude not only qualified for Xterra nationals in UT a few weeks ago but also got the nod to world's in Maui this weekend. So take my USGP conundrum & throw that out the window...try to figure out how to swing getting yourself, your wife, & your 2 kids over to Hawaii on short notice. Well done my friend. Good luck this weekend, have fun!

done rambling...

Later,

TK

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Ha, helmet on the podium! Classic.

Good luck this weekend.