Sunday, August 9, 2009

platte...

Somehow I always have plans on Sundays & the "bacon ride" was never a part of those plans. Don't get me wrong, my plans always involved riding my bike just not up to Platte. Maybe it was the fact that I had to roll out at 5:20am on the one day the dogs let me sleep past 4:00am-ish or maybe it was just because the ride had the word "bacon" in it (I'm vegetarian). Who knows? Hooked up with C-bread @ 5:30 & headed for the Mopac Trailhead. As we road we discussed who may or may not be there, MW was on our list of no-shows. Wrong! The only person there was MW, sorry we doubted you. He was on a shorter one today but road with the two of us to the Church Rd MMR. Great riding with you man...
Dawn on the Mopac. Should have smiled, it was beautiful out...
Thanks for the introduction to this themed ride & the stories of its history, I think we've seen this cheesy pose before...
On the return trip we found some rain, not a downpour but enough to make our drive trains suffer...
Back in Lincoln. The reward...
Spent some time cleaning up myself, my shoes, & the bike upon my return...
So...my bacon ride review: I've ridden to Platte plenty of times but never had a meal as the central theme. It was fun. Ran into Ryan, Roxy, & some other off-roaders finishing there pre-9:00am laps heading in for some grub. I'd do it again...just don't know when.

For CD...we detoured briefly to the Eagle Atlas missle site, our journey ended here...


Later,

TK

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Wow, nukes. Scary stuff.