Saturday, May 2, 2009

hundee, the easy way...

Well...maybe easy's not the way to look at it.  Folks were racing mtb's up at Swanson today (Bellevue) & I thought I'd ride up there & check things out then ride back.  Word got out & I had company for the adventure up, good time was had.  So I'm on my CX bike & JT's on his Madone, who flats twice?  Me.  We hammered up the Mopac, crossed the river at Southbend, & then explored gravel North of HWY 31.  Tell you what...there's some hills between the river & Bellevue.  I forgot to mention, JT's racing when we get there.  His mtb bike is going up with MT.
Below: just finished changing my first flat.  I don't mind changing flats but its annoying when you can't find what flatted you.  Whatever it was it got me again later, still couldn't find it but I was flat-free for the remainder of the day.

Random view from first flat fix...



So we roll into Swanson, I've got 66 on the odometer.  Below:  that's Craigio blazin' past me during his 3 hour event.   Hundee, the easy way?  Did my 2 hour layover between legs of the journey make it easier, harder, or it didn't matter.  Unsure.  Basically I hung out for 2 hours, cheering people on & chatting with a bunch of folks I don't see all that often.  TP even made it up from KC, right on.
I headed out of Swanson on 36th, busy street...bummer.  I headed east on Platteview, busy street...bummer.  Took me a while to get back to gravel.  Below: crossing back over the river, just under the hundee.
322nd & Church Rd.  This is a sweet MMR section/shortcut Coach introduced me to last year.

I eventually made it home.  Long, good day.  BTW - it wasn't easy.

129.4

Later,

TK

1 comment:

ScottyD said...

You do know CX races are only an hour long?