Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Saturday beard follow-up

I thought it looked great. We (me & the Saturday beard) made it through to Monday morning but not without some negative Saturday beard energy thrown in here & there. So Monday morn I shave off the mustache & leave a real nice base for a sweet looking goatee. Got mixed reviews at work & at home that night I was greeted with "I thought you were getting rid of that Saturday beard!" Holly was referring to it as the Saturday beard because that's how I sold it to her in the first place.
The facial hair rules have been established...a full beard is tolerable or should I say tolerated. I've always referred to my full beard as seasonal, cross season. What I call a Van Dyke is also tolerated, this is goatee & mustache, but connected. No north & south, one cohesive unit. What am I sporting right now? The soul patch. Tried & true, easy to maintain, understated. A splash of hair under the lower lip, a tuft if you will. Some refer to it as the "flavor savor" but that's an insult to this simple, proud statement. Soul patch gives it some attitude, style.

Anyway...enough about my beard.

I signed up for the Dirty Kanza. I better start training.

Later,

TK

2 comments:

Cornbread said...

Kanza! Gonna be great to have you along for a long ride in the Flint Hills.

t-nuts said...

I'm already looking forward to it. I got on the list for the Conspiracy also, test ride. See you tomorrow.

TK