Saturday, January 24, 2009

No Wind, No Problem

Can't let a little cold weather keep us off our bikes. I showed up for the Saturday ride at Cornbread's a little before 8:00 this morning, lights on, porch door locked. Uh Oh, too cold to ride? Can't be, I don't believe it. No problem, DK locked it outta habit, let me in & business as usual, or was it. Cornbread was up & drinking coffee but in his pj's. He was thinking none of us fools would show. I grabbed a cuppa', sat down & in rolled MW & pool n' spa. That brought our number to five. Like I said, no wind...no problem. Below zero w/ no wind sure feels a lot better than below zero with the wind blowing, twisted logic at its best.

We did manage to brave nearly 3 hours. Out through Wilderness laying down first tracks, then hopped on the Jamaica to Saltillo, turned around & rode the Jamaica back into town.

All but MW hit the deck at least once due to hidden ice under the snow in Wilderness. More snow forecast for tonight. Same time, same place tomorrow if you want to join us. Well...lets see what happens overnight. Yeah I'm stupid, but to a point.

Road season looms...

Later,

TK

No comments: