Monday, September 29, 2008

Blowing out the cobwebs


Ok...here's something I just realized on my 3 hour solo ride home from KC yesterday. I haven't really raced since 2 crits & a TT in July! I did do an 84 mile RR on September 6th. What the hell have I been doing since July? Somebody? I guess I was just doing training rides, I think. Its almost October, again...I can't even remember what I've been up to.

Yesterday. CX in Lenexa, KS. 1/2/3 race, 22 starters, I got 14th. It was pushing 90 degrees & my race time was 1 hour & 11 minutes & change. Brutal, epic, tortuous whatever you want to call it. Bad start (something I'm good at, bad starts that is), dropped my chain later on, & I hadn't gone that hard in a long time...a long day. Other than that, I guess it went ok. Preseason, right? It is still only September.

Besides the chain drop, on the bright side, my bike handling was ok, not superb, but just ok & my bikes ran great. BTW - the chain came off in an extremely bumpy section, if there was one place on the course where I would expect a derailment it was right where it happened.

5 comments:

Mark Studnicki said...

good job. No excuses from me other than something just wasn't right. A bit dehydrated i'm sure. Today I feel more ill than tired. sore throat on top of that. Frustrating to get the perfect start and be in 3rd after 1 lap, then just have the bottom fall out and not have any power at all.

t-nuts said...

A lot of suffering going on yesterday.

Good to see you though.

See you in Topeka.

TK

Matt N said...

ever have problems with your hips and your it band killing you a day or so after a race?

t-nuts said...

Dude...I'm 44 hell yeah I'm feeling it after a race. Especially after the first race of the year. Right now my right groin is tweaked. Ibuprofen is your friend, warm up real good, but keep riding to keep things loose. At least that's how I approach the aches & pains.

How'd the race go, I haven't found results.

TK

Matt N said...

30th out of 60 on Saturday and 20th out of 50 on Sunday. I lined up in the last row both days because I didn't pre-register. That taught me a lesson. Don't dilly-dally with whether you are going to race on which day, just sack up and do it all.