Saturday, September 13, 2008

SEE-EX


I'm on the back end of a forced week off the bike. Work related. I raced last Saturday & only did my short commute 3 of the 5 days this week. I call that off the bike. Weather has been crappy for a good part of the week so wasn't hard from that respect. Itchin' to ride this morning, a bit of rain in the air but looks like it's going to happen. I'm unfamiliar with "off" weeks. Makes me feel slow, makes me worry about getting back, makes me second-guess my fitness, it's making me mental.




Random photo...a worn out Pontiac Fiero w/ faded wolf/moon graphics. The motto across the windshield screams " Spirit of the Wild". F'n-a right!

I had a dream Thursday night...cattle killing themselves to escape an enclosure. Disturbing. Cements my resolve.

Tentative CX schedule:
9-28-08 KC
10-11/12-08 Topeka/Lawrence
10-18/19-08 Topeka/KC
10-25/26-08 Des Moines
11-1/2-08 Boulder
11-22/23-08 Lincoln
11-29/30-08 Jingle Cross
December - Nationals KC

October looks a little hectic, something's gotta give. Had planned on Louisville, KY at the end of October but that's falling apart, a lot of effort to make that happen & then go to Boulder the next weekend. November's got some gaps?

Later.

TK

No comments: