Wednesday, April 18, 2012

even more...

easter weekend wrap-up. final. can't remember if I mentioned it but I usually ride up North, dub-g of course, this year the winds did not cooperate so I passed rather than ride 140ish into it.  Last year TI was on easter so I didn't ride up then either.  saturday I went on a recon hike in the woods looking for a suitable site to set up the scope that evening.  clear skies were had that night & my dark sky venue was superb!  I got shut down after a couple hours though, the temperature went from 60 some to 30 some as my session progressed.  despite getting frozen out it was my best outing for seeing to date.  Finally found M1 (crab nebula) but also observed open cluster M38 (actually might have been M36, there really close together).

on my site-scouting hike I saw how ambitious a beaver can be, or foolish. this is just one a few big trees that they were trying to take down & with this behavior they weren't making any friends with my wife's family...

                                                  
 transitional pepsi can.  it was tin but had an early-gen pop-top, post pull-tab...
last weekend the area up there received 3-4 inches of hail, I didn't take this picture, couldn't tell ya if it was pre or post storm, but if I saw this I would definitely be in a state of wtf!
 caught my eye at work on a piece of steel.  no idea...
later,

tk

No comments: