Thursday, December 8, 2011

ssabmud...

2012? hmmmm? After multiple "never again" moments following the finish of last year's TI, time has healed all wounds, well most anyway, and I'm back on the roster for this year's event.  As a finisher it was only a matter of emailing GT to let him know I was planning on coming, a nice change from my last two registrations which involved getting a postcard to him & entry being based on a first-come/first-in basis.  I got in both times but the process was far more involved than just hitting send. My first TI attempt ended at the 2nd checkpoint after 130ish rain soaked miles, I pulled the plug on the event there but still had a historic 40+ mile journey back to Grinnell on the pavement in a driving rain with Sean Mailen & Joe Mann.  Historic.  Last year...I won't get into it, check out my posts if you like, soooo much happened but at the end I finished, 329 miles on my computer.  Still difficult to get my head completely around that number. Some names missing off the roster this year, primarily Mr Ek!  Hope all is well dude, I'll keep my eye on Charlie for you:)  Nice to see both the Braun's on the list, no Joe Fox though?  I think I counted 6 Nebraskans, a few down from last year.  Oh yeah, one last thing...I signed up for single speed? Why? Why not.  Dumbass...

photo: Steve Fuller

Long live the PCL! Keep gravel racing free! Thanks GT for giving it another go!

Later,

TK

2 comments:

TP said...

Good to see that time has healed those old wounds. Kind of in the same situation as I sit here, my cross season over, contemplating 2012. Hope to see you out on the road one of these days. Happy Holidays!

t-nuts said...

take care man, happy holidays to everyone on your end. hopefully we see each other before Madison next September.