Monday, June 27, 2011

my turn...

It started two Sundays ago when I ran over something sharp coming through the Alps into Denton. A sneaky cut tire was the result that lay dormant until the following Friday when I flatted again on the back roads of Battle Creek. Then again the next morning when I finally discovered the problem. So how long can a dollar bill boot last? How about until the following Thursday when I wore through the boot & flatted again. Actually I had forgotten about it until Thursday's flat but the stupidity of not dealing with it became evident quickly. I booted it with a fresh green back & off I went. 30 minutes later I flatted again, not the boot this time, something else. Friday night I threw that tire out & put on a "new" rear from the garage stock & assumed I would be good to go for a bit. Nope, Saturday morning I flatted again. Not even sure what caused Saturday's flat, didn't find anything & I rode it again Sunday with no problems.

Yep...past due. Hard to remember when I flatted last before this spree. Shit, I've done three DK's & two TI's (one shortened) without a flat. I can't even remember the last flat I had, had to have been sometime in the last year? Maybe...
An alternative to the extended arm self-portrait, a work in progress...
This Thursday's weather was amazing after two punishing days of hellacious wind. I spent a little extra time staring into the sky as I mulled over my latest predicament...




Later,

TK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the way it always goes for me too. It sucks! Some kind of Karma deal or something.