Monday, June 20, 2011

bean sack...

Ended up in Madison Co. Saturday afternoon. Hit the pavement around 4:30, mighty flat around the family compound. They've been resurfacing the back road to Battle Creek so a few stretches are smoooooth. With one end closed for construction a local was out in his 70's 911 doing a couple speed runs on the new blacktop. Change-0-pace from the usual farm traffic I encounter in these parts...
So nice out I decided to flat & enjoy the scenery. Shit, no tire lever! Tried part of my pump handle, no good. Ended up using my rear skewer, no problem. Pulled out the new tube & out falls 2 tire levers, dumb-ass...
Hi! It was exactly a year ago that the Elkhorn overflowed causing all kinds of problems, my wife's Grandma & Aunt were lucky to just have a bit of water in their basement. Their house is just a few 100 yards from the river. I mentioned how nice it was out didn't I? Damn nice...
Sunday morning cuppa with my oldest...
An hour later...I enjoyed yesterday's flat so much I tried it again. I never found out what stopped me yesterday so this time I took the tire all the way off & took a serious look at the situation. See this was about 8 minutes in to a 3 hour ride & I was about to put in my only tube. The culprit...a slice all the way through. A dollar bill-boot later & I was rolling...
Why were we up North anyway? My wife's Great Aunt was having a 90th birthday jam. Yeah 90's getting up their but her older sister was also there & she's 97, damn! Tucked in bee-hind a truck full of hives, coming home from wintering in TX some say...
The payoff...yeah I know it's just a Mexican coke in a PCL coozie, big deal. IT'S A FREAKIN' 500 ML MEXICAN COKE IN A PCL COOZIE!!!! First time I've seen a 1/2 liter! Oh yeah! Best part was I spied these on the rocks at the last minute in an ice chest while standing in line at the convenience store. Icy cold. Chugged it...
Later,

TK

1 comment:

Joshua Stamper said...

I simply adore mexican coke. There was a little hacienda back in the old country that sold 500ml Cokes.....was the hilite of my week