Saturday, March 12, 2011

yep...

...I'm a dumb-ass. No, not this picture of my finger...
this...MMR is not rideable, fooled again. Actually, I'm the fool...again. "How to rip off a rear derailleur", didn't happen but I'm working on it. Two weeks in a row.
Interesting how the B roads in the Bohemian Alps are clay, but you go just 30 miles NW (if that) & it's all sand. Well maybe not that interesting, but I've been bogged down in both soil types at different times.
Eventually rolled in to Brainard. Sodas, chips, & candy available here, nice folks. Why here? Apparently the "real store" burned down & this is where you go.
It was supposed to be in the 40's. It was supposed to be light winds. We got neither. Character building. Me, Cornbread, MG, esss-big, AG, Janna (rocking the SS in the alps!), & Jordan gutted out the journey North. Good riding folks!
Always fun to peek inside...
Tailwind back South, cake right? Chose the Oak Creek Trail, should be rideable? Yeah it was, but it was 12 miles of soft crushed limestone with a cross-headwind. Character building.

Oh yeah...I'm a dumb-ass part 2, or is it part 3. All day Friday I was saying to myself that I was going to just ride a steady pace on Saturday & not kill myself, ruining Sunday's ride because I would be wasted from Saturday. Mission accomplished...I destroyed myself today & tomorrow is going to be recovery at best, dumb-ass.

Later,

TK

1 comment:

jxw said...

Epic hurt for sure, I can't believe you stayed on that trail, I jumped on it twice looking for help w/ the monsters out there, but it sucked. Made in w/ 117. See ya next week.